Chair of IEB
The Oaks Academy uses School Gateway, the UK’s best parent engagement software, to make sure our parents are as closely involved with their children’s school lives as possible.
All school related communication, newsletters, reports, timetables, attendance figures, achievement and behaviour go through School Gateway – it is the central hub of information for our parents – so to stay up to date with what’s going on at school make sure you download the app for free. Just search School Gateway in your App store and download. Simple.
Apple iPhone users, download the app here: schoolgateway.co.uk/iosdownload
Android phone users, download the app here: schoolgateway.co.uk/androiddownload
Your login details will be automatically generated using the contact information The Oaks Academy already has, so please make sure the details we hold for you are up to date. You can check and change these details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions or would like some more information, please see the School Gateway site here: https://schoolgateway.co.uk/.
You can also login to the online version of School Gateway via this site if you do not have a smart phone, although we do recommend using the app if possible as it makes it far easier to get hold of parents when we need to.
At The Oaks Academy we feel that a high standard of uniform creates a good general impression within the school and has a positive effect on behaviour and attitude to school work.
Essential items required:
- Grey Blazer with school badge*
- Grey V-neck Sweatshirt with school badge*
- Plain Black Trousers – must be tailored. ‘Skinny’ style, lycra, stretch type material, denim, cords or leggings are NOT permitted.
- Plain Black Skirt – must be pleated (appropriate style for school), not made from lycra or stretch material and be no shorter than 5cm above the knee and no longer than 2cm below the knee.
- White shirt with top button to take a tie
- School tie*
- Plain black knee socks (black tights may be worn)
- Plain black leather or faux leather school shoes with a sensible heel height and no visible stripes, flashes or logos. Canvas pumps and trainers are NOT permitted.
If in doubt, please refer to the illustrated guide within this section.
If you have any particular problems concerning the provision of school uniform for your child, do not hesitate to contact us at the school. All enquiries will be dealt with sympathetically and with the utmost confidentiality.
Tracksuit tops, non-school sweatshirts and hooded sweatshirts are not permitted.
Our School Day
2.9.20 – We are currently running an altered timetable which is specific to each year group.
A bus service is provided by Barratt’s for students before and after school.
Single fare is £1 and weekly tickets cost £9 allowing travel for a full week (10 journeys)
Please see the Bus Route 2020 for more service information.
Our Canteen is catered for by Mellor’s, with food being served before school, during break-times and lunch-times.
We operate a cashless catering system within the school which uses fingerprint recognition technology to allow the purchase of food items. More information can be found on this in the Cashless Catering Form.